Agliano Nat HONOREE 2012
Nat's parents Frank and Mary Agliano moved to the United States in 1920 from Siracusa, Sicily. They settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where Nat an only child, was born on February 18, 1932. He attended school in Philadelphia until September of 1945 when he and his parents moved to Monterey where both of his parents worked for Enterprise Cannery. He attended Monterey High School, played football and baseball, belonged to the Latin Club, Key Club, Galleon Staff, and the Journalism Club, graduating in 1949.
Nat went on to Monterey Peninsula College from 1949 to 1951 where he participated in football and baseball. He attended UC Berkeley from 1951 to 1954 where he received a B.S. degree in Business Administration. He served in the US Army for two years, first at Ft Ord and then at Ft Bliss, Texas. Then he attended Hastings Law School from 1956 to 1959. He was Note and Comment Editor of Hastings Law Journal graduating with a Juris Doctor Degree.
Nat married his wife Lil in 1953 and they have four children; Michael (deceased), Lisa, Cheryl and Julie and five grandchildren; Annika, Sonja, Lena, Emma and Sam.
His accomplishments are:
- Deputy Attorney General, Trial and Appellate Attorney, Sacramento, Ca. for two years
- Private Practice, Salinas, Panelli & Agliano for eight years
- Appointed Salinas Municipal Court Judge for two years, Monterey County Superior Court Judge for twelve years, California Court of Appeal, Justice 6th District for two years
- Presiding Justice Court of Appeal for six years, California Supreme Court Justice Pro-Tern 1991, Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Service: mediator, arbitrator 1993 to current.
- He is a member of 1948 Monterey High Football team named Monterey County Sports Team of the Century, Monterey Peninsula College Hall of Fame, UC Berkeley Class of 1954 Hall of Fame and Monterey County Bar Association Lifetime Achievement Award